It is very true that most of us love being noticed and we do hell lot of stuffs to get noticed. That's one of many basic instincts of human. But being pessimistic just to get noticed really irks me off. I have a story of two peoples who were so destructively pessimistic and got the attention. Here goes the story..
I have recently seen a debate where two groups were arguing about Lok Pal bill. I want to pin point (gun-point, if i could!!!)two persons who were destructively pessimistic about Lok Pal. It’s apparent that they wanted to get noticed among others.
One of them was a lady who said what happens if Lok Pal peoples don't do their duties in the future? What happens when Lok Pal team work like CBI who are little biased these days? She also said instead of Lok Pal she wanted to change the attitude of all the people to avoid corruption. For heaven’s sake I do not know how that is possible. She wanted to punish Anna Hazare because she sees hunger strike as a suicide threat. She kept going like this and was in the camera frame for more than 5 minutes. She got what she wanted, attention. But what is the social outcome? To me, having Lokpal is better than not having Lok Pal. I am sure that lady would knew it already.
Person number two was a guy who talked in a very high tone about having quota for SC/ST in Lok Pal committee. I wonder why the hell we need to have a quota. Corruption is across the board. He should protest if it is said that the Lok Pal person should not be a SC/ST guy. Reason is simple, out of 5 seats, Prime Minister takes one and Supreme Court Judge takes one and remaining are 3 seats and that guy needs quota for that. Brilliant thinking dude. I feel Quotas are for poor peoples and a poor person might not be in a position to fill those 3 seats as he might not be aware of the Government and Corruption at Nation level. Well if that poor person is well educated to know such things, he wouldn't have been a poor person. Fact. But still that person got attention and applauds on his talk about minorities.
An Optimistic invented the Airplane and Car and the Pessimistic found Parachute and seat belts. Here the Pessimism is constructive which found a way to avoid effects but not the subject. In contrast, a destructive Pessimistic would have avoided the invention of Airplane and Car altogether as they might cause accident and argued we have legs to walk.
I see these two peoples in this story as Destructive Pessimistic. They pass wrong messages in main stream media and corrupt the minds of a considerable amount of people. Somebody wanted to say this to those peoples, "Grow Up nerds!".

Good one.
ReplyDelete